Click on the links below to download the Envision Decatur Long Range Plan in a printer-friendly PDF format.
The Envision Decatur Plan
The entire Envision Decatur Plan is available for download. The PDF does not include supporting items such as maps, plan drawings or existing building photo boars. For these items, please refer to the individual sections.
Section One: Introduction & Initial Thoughts
Section One explains the purpose of the plan and the process in which the plan was put together. This section also includes information about Decatur's existing conditions and trends.
- Citywide Development Context Map
- Existing Conditions Map
- Zoning and Core Building Use Map
- Building Use Map
- Public Parcel Ownership Map
- Downtown Areas of Focus and Photo Inventory Map
- Built Environment and Floodplain Map
- Downtown Assets and Opportunities Map
- Downtown Issues and Constraints Map
- Economic Development Opportunities Map
- Initial Thoughts and Development Opportunities Map
Section Two: The Economic Foundation for Growth and Development
Section Two outlines the existing conditions of Decatur, including demographics, retail market analysis and real estate market information.Click here to download Section Two in a pdf format
Section Three: Leveraging Municipal Finance for Optimum Effect
Section Three examines the city of Decatur's financial budget and ways that the city can financially support development projects in the downtown areas.Click here to download Section Three in a pdf format
Section Four: Overall Strategies for Economic Development
Section Four contains the framework for the Downtown Redevelopment Authority, as well as recommendations for promoting and encouraging downtown projects.Click here to download Section Four in a pdf format
Section Five: Route 31/6th Avenue Strategies for Economic Development
Section Five details the plans Highway 31 and 6th Avenue. These section covers existing conditions of the major gateways, streetscape plans and overall redevelopment plans.
Section Six: Downtown Strategies for Economic Development
Section Six covers the main core focus of the Decatur Downtown Redevelopment Authority. This section includes development and streetscape plans for the Bank Street, Railroad Street, Lee Street, 2nd Avenue and E. Moulton, Johnston and Grant Streets neighborhoods.
- 2nd Avenue Area Existing Properties
- Bank Street and Lee Street Area Existing Properties
- Bank Street / Historical District Development Projects
- Depot / Railway Park Plan Drawing
- 2nd Avenue / Uptown District Development Projects
- Uptown Arts Academy Plan Drawing
- Overview of Downtown Bank Street, Lee Street and 2nd Avenue Development Projects
Section Seven: West Moulton Street Strategies for Economic Development
Section Seven focuses on West Moulton Street, including plans for the proposed greenspace, Decatur Commons.
Section Eight: Waterfront Strategies for Economic Development
Section Eight includes plans for the properties along the Tennessee River. The section addresses the current use of the property and proposes new public and private development projects.
Section Nine: Immediate Action Items
Section Nine contains the immediate action items that the city has been working on, including the creation of the Downtown Redevelopment Authority and streetscape projects.